There may be all styles of reasons why folks become Catfish on-line, however 2 I’ve browse of on are: one lady UN agency did it to fool her employers and a person UN agency did it to kill his girlfriend, by move as a web stalker before he killed her.
One lady did it to injure her swain and one man created a hundred thirty pretend Facebook accounts to harass his sixteen year previous woman friend. See link at finish of article.
While to several it will appear pretty harmless making pretend profiles and changing into a
reverse image catfish, and in fact it may be simply somebody with low self-worth making an attempt to measure out a phantasy on-line, to the victims it will cause pain and upset, even death in rare cases.
Other reasons I’ve detected of why folks become Catfish is to envision a fait their partners or previous partners, to do to lure them to examine if they take the bait or simply to nose around on their Facebook page as some other person, if the person has blocked them. Generally they are doing it to look anonymous on Facebook in order that folks they recognize will not recognize them.
It’s a piece of ground as there square measure calculable to be around eighty three million pretend Facebook accounts. The most effective issue you’ll do as a social network user is to guard yourself by searching for the signs that somebody may be a pretend. If you answer affirmative to any of those questions about your Facebook friend, then it ought to stoppage a red flag:
1. will your FB friend’s profile image look too smart to be true? Very often they give the impression of being like models or celebrities or simply very engaging.
2. Do they need few images and none soft on friends and/or family?
3. Is there no tagging of images by themselves or friends?
4. Will the knowledge they assert concerning themselves sound too smart to be true? As an example, they’re within the modelling business, a dressmaker, etc.
5. Do they need solely a number of friends listed on their page?
6. square measure there few posts on their wall and lack of comments by friends?
7. Does one simply ‘have a feeling’ that somehow they’re too smart to be true?
8. Square measure they perpetually creating excuses why you cannot see them on digital camera or get to fulfill them?
9. Have you ever been asked for cash by the suspect Catfish? If therefore, it may well be a Nigerian swindler behind that profile pic or another sharpie.
10. Has this person declared timeless love or got keen way too soon? Another red flag.
Protect yourself by:
1. Dragging and dropping their ‘perfect image’ into Google image search, it’d give images of that image elsewhere on-line and you may notice they’re move as some other person to others.
2. If you’re composition to fulfill up, make sure you talk over with them on digital camera 1st therefore you’ll see they’re the person within the photograph, or failing that, get them to require a photograph of themselves holding up that day’s newspaper clearly showing the date or a card along with your name on that. Of course, if they’re the person they assert there, it still doesn’t suggest they are not making an attempt to con you in some way!
3. Google their full name. If they’re alleged to be a booming model, designer or different, their name ought to show up somewhere on-line, if it does not, see it as a probable red flag.